Seeking: AR solo build WITHOUT Grenade

Discussion in 'Solo' started by NemesisKismet, Nov 19, 2017.

1. NemesisKismet

NemesisKismet New Bee Illuminati

IGN:
    CottonCandee
    You guys did so well with my "remember I'm dumb" blood/fist combo that I thought I'd consult you again. So what I'm seeking is an AR build that solos well but doesn't require the grenade mechanic. I love AR but I do not like the new grenade mechanic. I just don't have enough attention span for it and I end up not pressing the button fast enough to not self-explode. Booo. So please, help a girl out!

My friend managed to start it without grenade by switching weapons after the tutorial. Apparently, if you don't take any grenade skills, no mechanic.

2. LexXxich

LexXxich Conspirator

You'll still have to eventually buy grenade abilities, or lack AR capstones and lvl 9 for other capstones.
    So, if you want a deck with no grenade management, your best bet would be to acquire Infernal Loader weapon, and equip Explosives Expert passive. Former gives you +7.5% AR damage while you have a grenade loaded, latter increases "grenade loaded" time window to 9 seconds. Additionally, Backup Plan passive gives you +10% AR damage for 4 seconds if your grenade loading procs while you already have a grenade loaded.
    With this as a basis, you can use full upper lines of active/passive pages to fill out the slots, plus Tactical Retreat (with passive it's always 10 meters dash on 4 seconds CD) if you want mobility. Might also look to Jungle Style passive to ease up on energy management.

3. Descendent

Descendent New Bee Dragon

Guides:
    IGN:
    Descendent
    It's now possible to have a proper grenade-less assault rifle build using the new Hellfire Assault Launcher weapon from the Winter Cache. The damage dealt by the weapon's extraordinary effect is roughly 50% of the damage dealt by Incendiary Grenade (with the 2 energy spent on Incendiary Grenade taken into account), which is essentially the same as Incendiary Grenade before it was buffed.

I've added a build template for this to my Solo - How to Build: All Weapons guide.

4. Leiloni

Leiloni New Bee Illuminati

I have an AR/Blood build without grenades and I do it by equipping a passive that prevents you from taking damage when grenade goes off. So even though I don't have a grenade ability equipped, obviously the effect still goes off, but it doesn't harm me at all so I just ignore it. I can't find any SWL calculators to find the name of the passive for you but it's definitely there.

Edit: Ok I found a spreadsheet and I think this is the passive I use:

Explosives Expert - Your skill with explosives allows you to increase the fuse time on your grenades to 9 seconds. Also, your grenades are now fully cooked when they have 6 seconds remaining before detonating. If a grenade detonates before you are able to launch it, you are no longer harmed by the blast and nearby enemies are dealt 2 physical damage.