DD: The Eldritch Drifter (Pistols + Blood)

Discussion in 'Damage Dealer' started by Aldric, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Darkstride

Darkstride New Bee

IGN:
    Darkstride
    Efficiency lowers the *remaining* cooldown, not the full cooldown, so it's not a flat rate. Since it isn't a guaranteed proc, sometimes you will see little to no difference. You can see when it does proc because the Elite icon will "refresh. It does work on other abilities' Elites, I've tested it with Pistols of Efficiency and Eldritch Scourge (Blood Elite).

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    tobascodagama likes this.
  2. *Rage

*Rage New Bee Illuminati

I just tested it again this evening on the Agartha dummies. Using the Eldritch Drifter build, and a MK III Six Shooter. I timed it on my watch as best I could (starting cycle at 30s mark, etc). At no time did I ever observe my watch say the Elite ability (blood) came in at less than 20 seconds no matter how many pistol abilities I pressed.

3. val1n

val1n New Bee Templar

IGN:
    Vyvyan
    This build really looks amazing and I can't wait to use it with my character.

But one question related to the Eldritch Tome. Since I've got two of these I'm wondering which one I should use. At the moment I have an Eldritch Tome of Destruction Mk II or an Eldritch Tome of Recovery Mk III lying in my bank. Which one would be better to use with this build? I'm struggling with this since I don't know the damage difference between the [..] of Destruction Mk II and the [..] of Recovery Mk III.

4. Darkstride

Darkstride New Bee

IGN:
    Darkstride
    Recovery doesn't deal added damage, so there's no "damage difference". One adds damage, one doesn't. Recovery isn't good for a DPS weapon. Destruction is a good suffix, but aim for a MK III at some point.

5. Vajrana

Vajrana New Bee Dragon

I know you switched to shotguns but I really like this build. Thank you! I almost made the mistake of not going for the build I wanted.
    Can we get an update on this build for possible signets used, gadget recommendation, and maybe an updated passive and abilities?

I want to go long with this Assassin build.
    Right now I tried Six line/passive in place of flourish for a healer dependent build when you get a busty healer. And to recover that 4 pistol energy loss through crits. And replaced unload with Dual shot/passive with the Heavy Caliber pistol mk III and I am getting a lot of red chambers. I still think unload does more dps but not enough crits.
    Funcom and their reduced critchance!

6. Karmakoma

Karmakoma New Bee

Pretty sure Unload and Dual Shot should have the same crit chance penalty... (2 hits per sec..)

7. Darkstride

Darkstride New Bee

IGN:
    Darkstride
    I'm pretty sure Dual Shot only hits once per activation (and once per second).

8. Vajrana

Vajrana New Bee Dragon

I read somewhere that the Unload 2.5 sec counts as a channeling and had its crit chance reduced. Whereas the Dual shot hits once per activation thus instant. That's why I mentioned it. Is that right?

9. Darkstride

Darkstride New Bee

IGN:
    Darkstride
    Correct. Multihit abilities have reduced Crit Chance, but increased Crit Power in comparison to standard single hit abilities.

10. Dreddic

Dreddic New Bee Illuminati

IGN:
    Dreddic
    Great post and I'm liking the build so far. What pistols do you suggest using?

11. Aldric

Aldric New Bee

Afraid I won't be updating this build (or my other build for that matter) anytime in the near future, simply due to me not playing anymore.
    I might get back once rl will calm down and I'll find some energy to go back to the grind. If I will, that is. Most likely I'll just come back to play through the story updates, since I'll be lagging months behind on the geargrind.

Still, glad to see people enjoying the build! Due to me not checking on patchnotes and all the signets and whatnot it will obviously remain in a state of a... "template" of sorts, so feel free to experiment with ideas and gear and whatnot & add a note about interesting stuff in the thread for other people to know. Helping others to become better moves the community forward, right?

Anyway, have fun @all and may RNGeezuz smile upon you every now and then!

Smyler and Vajrana like this.
  12. Vajrana

Vajrana New Bee Dragon

Thanks for the update, hope all goes well! Thanks for the build insight!

13. havox2

havox2 New Bee Dragon

IGN:
    havox2
    I can confirm this works okayish in dungeons up to e8. Once your crit rate goes up you stop needing secondary spender so Maleficum can be replaced by a blood dot to further capitalize on eldritch tome. Less damage than current hammer/blood dps meta of course, and also sometimes suffers from weak AoE, most notably darkness war boss1, the small ticks around scourged target don't cut it but overall serviceable.

14. Pleya

Pleya New Bee Dragon

What is this "hammer/blood meta"? Do you have links to builds or numbers for blood in offhand?

I don't see the advantage of blood over its twin the pistol fixed game offhand nor how it can outdps a mjolnir/Voltaic Shunt or a shotgun dragon breath.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  15. havox2

havox2 New Bee Dragon

IGN:
    havox2
    I meant hammer and blood seem to be the popular primary slot dps choices. And of course blood secondary doesnt outdps shotgun or elemental, I straight said so in my previous post. By now I'd probably swap them around to blood/pistols, unfortunately I've already committed too much into the pistol power ability signet, Funcom made a gear system that hates if you have fun experimenting with builds.

Numbers..1.6k DPS from scourge+desecrate at 800IP. My elite signet is only at red 1 currently so there's a potential extra 20% for scourge at 20 red.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Smyler likes this.
  16. Karmakoma

Karmakoma New Bee

My fault, I guess I fumbled my test with a passive remaining... I was sure Dual Shot was a "2 hits multi-hit" (as Start-Finish was in TSW)... but it's indeed 1 hit per activation (and hence, 1 hit per sec)

17. havox2

havox2 New Bee Dragon

IGN:
    havox2
    Time for this builds post-mortem, I think.
    IP 1204. Anima pistols, damage signets maxed except pistol basic, it's at red 3. Anima-Sim: Lair - total: 4,124,622 dmg, 12,203 dps in 5:38
    It is very thoroughly averge at endgame. It has scaled 1:10 IP to DPS pretty consistently throughout the pistol career. It has low group utility, no Opening Shot, no Glaciate, it has 2 deblitates and 1 expose in rotation.

For the next step one choice could be taking a better secondary, grind more talis to red 70, and maybe even switch anima to harmonisers, but honestly, it feels like polishing a turd. At this point in time funcom does not acknowledge pistols need help at performing their one supposed role. I feel the better choice will be to switch to the meta weapons.
    When I started playing SWL, I estimated pistols would scale well into endgame. That estimate has proven false, and the price will be the costly releveling of signets, but them's the breaks you could say.
    [​IMG]

18. LexXxich

LexXxich Conspirator

When you say "average at endgame", can you elaborate for perspective? Like maybe make a list of what kind of numbers people see with other primary weapons?

19. havox2

havox2 New Bee Dragon

IGN:
    havox2
    When I said average, I meant you can slap just about any two weapons together and expect 1:10 IP to DPS rule of thumb output.
    I've not signed any NDAs but I don't feel like posting parses of other people I've grouped with in public place, but what I can say, for the end-endgame - e10 dungeon achievements, NYR e10, nuking regionals fast, easy time in e10 scenarios - the expectation is 15k+ DPS.
    With maximum possible IP being just a bit above 1600 (with ultimate signet and dodge signets not contributing anything to dps output at that), the perspectives reaching that with this 1:10 setup would take a nearly capped character, not ideal.

20. LexXxich

LexXxich Conspirator

1:10 ratio includes weapon specific signets, not generalist ones?
    Also, if 1:10 is average, which weapons scale better than that, currently?